Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Online Integrated Marketing Strategy
Transcript of Copy of Online Integrated Marketing Strategy
A brand is not just a logo or tagline, it is an emotion. When you think of famous brands like McDonalds, Nike, Apple or Toyota, each of them conveys some thought or experience in all of us. A successful brand is one that can gain wide recognition and garner trust and loyalty.
Because of the prominence of spam, many people believe that marketing your product through email is no longer an effective way to get your message out to consumers. However, Email marketing remains one of the most productive ways to reach out to your audience.
earch ngine ptimization
Back in the stone age, people used to go exclusively to search engines to find stuff on the internet. Now days, people sit on their social media website of choice and wait for the information to come to them. Because of this, SEO is no longer the biggest single factor in Internet Marketing. It is one piece of a larger Integrated Strategy. SEO involves strategies and tactics used to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the
rank of your site on search engines.
earch ngine arketing
SEM is a broader term than SEO. Where SEO aims to provide better organic search results, SEM uses the search engines to advertise your website or business through
to online customers and send more targeted traffic to your Web site. SEM offers you the ability to pay based on clicks (Google Adwords). Ads in a successful SEM campaign will be shown to those consumers specifically looking for your products or services, resulting in a higher conversion rate.
Founder of KennyWithers.com
Internet Marketing Consultant &
Social Media Strategist
Friends affectionately call me
"a freak that speaks geek"
Online Integrated Marketing Strategy
Ways to improve SEO
- Use keyword phrases instead of single keywords
- Use a landing page for each product or service
- Focus on one keyword phrase per landing page
- Use keyword phrases in your title and meta description tags
- Create links to other pages on your website and other websites on the internet
- Name the pages of your website the same as your keyword phrase (ie... keyword-phrase.html)
- Use footer links on each page
- Keep each page unique and clean
SEM Best Practices
- Conduct initial research for highly targeted keywords and keep track of the ones visitors search to arrive at your site
- Organize keywords into ad groups then eliminate or modify the keywords that are less effective
- Create multiple ads for each ad group then eliminate or modify the ads that are less effective
- Use negative keywords to help your ads reach the desired audience and increase your click-through rate
- Use keyword matching options to increase search relevance
- Enhance results by using ad modifiers such as mobile only, time of day, location and language
- Use Ad extensions to show your business information with your text ads
- Adjust your ad rotation and frequency capping to determine how often your ads are delivered in relation to each other within an ad group
It is nearly impossible to stress the importance of analyzing data to measure the success of what you do online. Analytics are crucial for measuring and tracking the efficiency of your efforts over time. They help you understand your visitors, leads and prospects. They also provide you with the information you need to convert your visitors into valuable customers.
Integrating the 9 realms of
One marketing strategy
"to rule them all"
9 Realms of
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Brand Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Website Design
- Blog Strategy
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing usually centers on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their friends. A corporate message can spread from user to user and appears to come from a trusted source; hence, this form of marketing is driven by word-of-mouth. Increased communication for organizations fosters brand awareness and often, improved customer service. Additionally, social media serves as a relatively inexpensive platform for organizations to implement marketing campaigns.
Social Media Tips
- Start with the most successful sites
- Place a key focus on quality content
- Always respond to comments
- Join conversations and share your thoughts
- Use promotions and giveaways
- Don't make selling your main focus
- Be consistent with posting times, schedule updates and posts on evenings and weekends
Content marketing is a method of attracting and retaining customers by consistently creating and curating relevant and valuable content with the intention of changing or enhancing consumer behavior. It is an ongoing process that is best integrated into your overall marketing strategy, and it focuses on owning communicating with your customers and prospects without selling.
- Keep a focus on quality over quantity
- Create an editorial calendar and stick to it
- Create a draft, fine-tune, and revise
- Use a journalistic approach to your writing
- Use a mix of original and curated content
- Know who your audience is and cater your content so it appeals to them
- Stop selling and instead solve a problem
- Measure the success of your posts and tweets
- Write only one idea per paragraph
- Use lists instead of paragraphs when possible
eCommerce Conversion Funnel
S E M
S E O
The 9 realms of internet Marketing by Kenny Withers
Brand Marketing Success
Email Marketing Tips
The way you interact with your visitors on your website is crucial because your website is the focal point of your online marketing activities. Also, having your site optimized for search engines is vital for getting visibility in search results.
Successful website factors
A blog provides yet another marketing and communication vehicle for a business and is relatively easy to integrate into your already existing website. It projects the personality of the organization and can help build thought leadership and credibility. A blog allows you to have fresh content and gives people a reason to return to your site. Besides informing others about company activities, you should offer some advice or help people with a need they may have.
Effective Blog practices
What to measure with Analytics
Summary - How all of this ties together
To build a brand for market success, a good place to start is to
take some time and brainstorm the following:
- Define why you're in business
- Think of images that define your business model
- Consider what you want people to think about your business
- Think of words you want people to use to describe your business
- Describe the advantages of your business over your competition
- How to be consistent with your brand message
- Consider how to project a constant look
- Always be consistent in the tone of your communications
- Have consistency in your product or service
- Always maintain a high level of quality
- Be trustworthy. Let people know what to expect.
- Ask questions. In face-to-face conversation you’d ask questions
- Write fast. That’s how your enthusiasm and personality come through
- Keep it short. Long and unwieldy emails slaughter your readers’ interest
- Write as if you’re emailing just one person to make your emails more personal
- Use your name as your from address. Put your name and reputation on the line
- Only email when you have something truly valuable or helpful to say.
- Be helpful. Don’t just email when you need something from your readers.
- Use power words. Sensory and emotional words attract attention.
- Use a number. Because digits — like 4 or 37 — stop wandering eyes.
- Pique curiosity. Don’t be afraid to occasionally use bizarre words.
-Add a personal touch. Because you’re trying to get readers to trust you
Use SEO friendly URLS
- Don't use: mysite.com/page=123
- Do use: mysite.com/our-product-here
Use keywords and "h1" tags for page titles
Insert your main keywords in the first 100 words
Keep bounce rates low by using internal links
Have a call to action in a prominent location
Keep people interested with multimedia
Use outbound links to other websites
Use social media sharing buttons
Always add quality content
Use a dynamic blog platform like Wordpress
Create categories for your blog posts
Use SEO friendly descriptions for your blog posts
Create an editorial calendar and stick to it
Use keywords in your post headings
Make sure your blog posts have the following:
- Eye-catching title
- In-text links to landing pages
- A call to action in the sidebar
- Social sharing buttons
- Call to action at the bottom
- Make sure the post is relevant
Visitor behavior (new, returning...),
browser technology, operating system,
desktop vs. mobile, goal completions,
conversions, demographics (age, gender),
geographic location, traffic sources (direct, referral, social, advertising, organic), pages most visited, pages per visit, bounce rate, click-through rate, sentiment, reach
The sum of all of these efforts is called an integrated marketing strategy. In today’s marketing environment with easy access to information and all sorts of opinions, it is important to attack from multiple angles. It is now more important than ever to be collaborative in a cross-discipline marketing plan. Each discipline draws from its own strengths and energizes the brand. But you may ask yourself, what is the main point of all of this? The answer is: conversions. This could mean selling a product, providing a service or educating and bringing awareness to a cause or campaign. Because it is important to see how all of this relates to the final sale or conversion, we have provided a graphic below, that shows the conversion and describes each step of the process.
Awareness is simply the process of informing the visitor about the product you are selling, the service you provide or the cause that you are passionate about. This step needs to be very brief and easy to understand, you can get into the details later. Remember that you are competing against other brands or service providers and your visitor will be visiting their website as well. Because of this it is important to highlight the benefits of your product or service right away. You will want to supplement your information with images, multimedia or any other eye catching idea that will keep your product top of mind.
This is where you get to the nitty gritty of what you are offering.
A study recently found that 80% to 90% of all people research online before making a purchase. After your initial page showing a list of items or services, you are going to want to build an individual page that describes each specific product or service in complete detail. You don't want to bore your customers with difficult and hard to read information or instructions, but it's important to give them enough information to make an informed decision. Make sure not to misrepresent any features or make claims that can't be backed up. This will surely backfire and will cause your business to lose credibility.
Once your visitors are aware of your product or service, know the benefits of your business over your competition and have researched the details, it is time to consider whether to buy your product or service or those of your competitors. Because you want them to consider your product over your competitors, you may want to offer an additional incentive to sway your opinion. Incentives may come in the form of a better price, a special sale or coupon, a feature that your competitor doesn't offer, or free shipping. Another way is to create a community of people that are loyal to your specific product or service (Nike vs. Adidas) and help them to spread the word.
If you have done everything right, then the customer will be convinced that your product or service is superior to those of your competition and will make the purchase. This doesn't mean that your product has to be the lowest price or best on the market (Ralph Lauren). A well executed marketing strategy or brand will help you overcome those obstacles. Many business owners think that this is the last step of the conversion process, but it is not. There is one more step that follows the sale and it is: the post-sale experience and feedback. Unless you sell a product or service that a person would only buy once in their life, then you are going to want to bring the customer back to buy more products or provide more services.
The final step of the conversion process is what happens after the sale. There are multiple things that you must do to ensure that your new customer returns to purchase more items or services in the future and that they tell others. Make sure you send a confirmation email that describes what they purchased, your return policies and a thank you note. Put their email address in a mailing list and let them know when you have something to offer them. Also, make sure you have a section for reviews after each product and ask them to provide a review. This will help you gain new customers when they see your products with positive reviews. Finally, don't be afraid to ask them to tell their friends and family about their experience.