Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Earth
From Sun: 147 000 000 km
From Sun: 1.0 AU
An orbit is "once around" to the exact same place again.
The Earth turns once every 24 hours.
(Actually it is 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds)
Gravity on Earth is 1.0 G
or 9.8 m / s^2
Maximum Temperature: 58 °C
Minimum Temperature: -89 °C
The circumference around the equator is 40 075 km.
The circumference around the poles is 40,030 km
Because we compare other planets to the size of the Earth, it has a mass of 1.0 AU
Named After: eor(th)e or erth.
Orbit (Earth Days): 365.256
1% other gasses
Craters, Volcanos, mountains, valleys, plateaus, etc.
Compare the size (not the distance)
More Than 3700 have been sent up.
German for "ground"
(Every 4, and every century divisible by 4.)
So the Earth is not technically a sphere! It is an oblate spheroid.
The surface is 71% Water!