Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How To Get Young People To Vote?
Transcript of How To Get Young People To Vote?
Young voter are the most diverse group:
15% African American
3% Native American
Young voters make up almost 20% of the voting population, making them a powerful political force.
In 2008, 62% of college- educated young people voted, compared to 36% of young voter without college experience.
Make voting easier
"Expanding practices like online voter registration and early voting could have a big impact on boosting turnout, experts say, as would allowing voters to register on Election Day."
Teach schoolkids the importance of voting
Many young people, especially the less educated, feel their vote doesn’t matter. That’s an acute problem in midterm years, when there isn’t a presidential race that garners widespread national attention.
Engage young voters
Voters between the ages of 18 and 29, however, were the least likely to be contacted by a campaign via phone, email, mail, text message, or home visit, according to a Pew Research Center report.