Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Other Space Stuff
Transcript of Other Space Stuff
Other Space Stuff
A small rocky and icy object.
In space, traveling around the sun. They have an orbit similar to the planets.
The place where the comet gets the closest to the sun it its orbit is called the "perihelion."
Galaxy (page 92)
The galaxy is a very big collection of stars.
1. The galaxy we are in is called the Milky Way.
2. Galaxies have different colors, sizes, and shapes.
Information Source: World Book - G
What?? Asteroids are rocky or metal objects.
Size?? Smaller than Earth.
Where?? In the asteroid belt, between Mars and Jupiter.
Interesting Fact: We have a lot of asteroids in the Solar System.
WHAT?? An asteroid belt is the region of the Solar System that has many asteroids.
WHERE?? It's between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.
Student Science Book, Book 3, Page 88
WHAT?? A group of stars that looks like a picture.
One Example of a constellation:
The constellation Sagittarius is at the center of the Milky Way galaxy.
Ancient people used the constellations to help them plan for the future.
1. Student Book 3, page 90
2. Encyclopedia, page 6