Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Retaining Wall mini-series
Transcript of Retaining Wall mini-series
A mini-series class at BKF Engineers
Soil Nail Walls
In Cut slope
Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) Wall
Dry stacked or faced Masonry Block wall
Soldier Beam Wall
Small landscape wall version
Masonry Block wall
Cast-in-Place (CIP) wall
Don't fall off the hill!
Let's build a wall.
ends of wall
A little bit better.
and don't forget the drainage
Capture the runoff behind the wall
to reduce hydrostatic pressure.
You might be required to build some
"freeboard" above the drainage ditch.
More drainage up close.
Safety railing is often overlooked.
Weep holes are outlets for subdrain
behind the wall. Or they can
be hardpiped to a storm drain
(just remember the cover).
A ditch takes the groundwater
Other engineers didn't
account for the surcharge
evidenced by the cracking.
Make sure the
represents your intent.
Coordination may also
be needed with the architect
Retaining wall standard designs
Jason's personal experience Constructing Walls...