Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Let's Start Our Day! September 11, 2013
Transcript of Let's Start Our Day! September 11, 2013
Take out your whiteboards and markers
Daily Language Practice
Complete this analogy.
addition : + :: subtraction :: ___________________
Problem of the Day
Use context clues to determine the meaning of the highlighted words below.
We could not see the sun because it was overcast. ___________________
The noisy kids were told to vacate the movie theater. _______________
Correct these sentences:
dr rhodes said that my stomachache was from eating to many candy bars
watch out for that bus
Wipe off your whiteboards
and put them away
Stand up quietly and face the flag
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God,
with liberty and justice for all.
My country, 'tis of Thee,
Sweet Land of Liberty
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From every mountain side
Let Freedom ring.
Hail, hail to old Purdue
All hail to our old gold and black!
Hail, hail to old Purdue!
Our friendship may she never lack.
Ever grateful, ever true,
Thus we raise our song anew
Of the days we’ve spent with you,
All hail our own Purdue.
Let's review our class rules
Eyes on the speaker!
Hands free and clear!
Put it in your pocket!
Ears listening and brain thinking about what is being said!
Subject: tells who or what a sentence is about
Predicate: tells what the subject does or is
1. Trace--to outline
12 Powerful Words
2. Analyze--to break it down
3. Infer--read between the lines
4. Evaluate--to judge
5. Formulate--build and create
6. Describe--tell all about it
7. Support--back it up
8. Explain--to tell why [or how]
9. Summarize--the short version
10. Compare--things are alike
11. Contrast--things are different
12. Predict--think about the future
region: large area of land with common features
geography: the surface features of a place
Wanjohi had 15 coins. He lost 8 coins through a hole in his pocket. He found 5 of those coins. How many coins are still missing? How many coins does he have now?