Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of SeaWorld/OSHA
Short Term: Regulate trainer/whale physical contact with & require regulatory agency observation
Long Term: Implement shows that don't focus on physical contact between trainers/whales
Personnel/ Stakeholders: SeaWorld must hire organization or new personnel to regulate shows and trainer/ whale interaction
Principle of Harm
- OSHA's relationship with trainers and consumers = strengthened
- OSHA's relationship with SeaWorld = weakened
OSHA's Mission Statement:
To assure safe and healthful workplaces by setting and enforcing standards, and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance.
- Right to life
-Right to Safety
-employees and consumers
Employees Rights: Right to Safety & Right to Information
OSHA - Injury/Death of trainers can be prevented
SeaWorld Employees - Better safety
- (OSHA) - Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Seaworld (Owners & employees)
Should the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) allow SeaWorld trainers to have physical contact with the Orca Whales?
- Tillikum has recently killed a trainer
- Seaworld knew of Tillikum's previous violent behavior
- Seaworld still allowed whales in parks and trainers in the water
SeaWorld - consumers loose interest in shows; consequantly loose revenue
Consumers - Less entertaing shows
SeaWorld's Duties: Duty to Inform employees of whale's history of violence
Consumers Rights: Right to Information
Capital: Cost SeaWorld money for new shows, new regulatory retrictions, and possible loss in sales