Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ANSC 227: Malthus vs. Cornucopians
Transcript of ANSC 227: Malthus vs. Cornucopians
futurist who believes that continued progress and provision of material items for mankind can be met by similarly continued advances in technology.
So what does all this have to do with climate change???
Progress and Poverty (1879)
argued against economic and population growth models with strict limits
many others with this line of reasoning
The population bomb?
Influential in setting modern stage: Silent Spring (1962, Rachel Carson) and The Population Explosion (1968, Paul and Anne Ehrlich
1766 – 1834
"An Essay on the Principle of Population"
his basic hypothesis: population will outgrow food supplies, leading to...
Malthusian catastrophe or Malthusian check