Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Resume Workshop Presentation
Transcript of Resume Workshop Presentation
2. Don't worry about an objective or "qualifications summary."
3. "Space equals importance."
4. Avoid complicated fonts or designs.
5. Quantify whenever possible.
6. Check your resume for errors of fact, typos or omissions. Then have a peer review it.
7. Omit unnecessary information.
8. Size matters - keep it limited to one or two pages. "The Only Resume Advice You'll Ever Need."
-T. Seinfeld Activity: Review a partner's resume to see if they could use any of Forbes' tips! *Instead of including an objective,
think: "cover letter." 1. Is this resume specialized for a specific position?
2. Is there an objective or "qualifications summary?" Would you consider it exclusive?
3. Are the sections organized with most important content at the top?
4. Is it free of complicated fonts and design?
5. Can any descriptions be quantified?
6. Review the entire resume for typos and clarity
7. Does the resume include any unnecssary information? (Race, age, sex etc.)
8. Does all of the content fit onto one page? (Two if references are included) Formatting:
Writing and Style: Break up headings with a single space. Break up paragraphs with a single line of space. Three lines of space Space for your signature Keep formatting aligned to the left Single spaced Single spaced, 11pt or 12pt font
Line of space between headings and paragraphs
Bold subject line
Keep everything aligned to the left
Use standard one inch margins Content:
Limit length to 1 page -Use audience analysis
-Taylor cover letter for specific companies
-Professional yet personal tone Contact Info
Company Info Refer to the position being applied for in the subject line
Use recruiter name if you can identify it Introduction:
Program overview and purpose
Include program and work related experience that highlights strengths relevant to position being applied for
Succinctly restates your main purpose, why your skills align with the company and what you plan to do now that they have received your information Break up headings with a single space. Break up paragraphs with a single line of space. Single spaced Space for your signature Keep formatting aligned to the left Three lines of space Cover letter content check: In pairs, trade cover letters and review for the following:
alignment and spacing
headings and content
Review for content:
Closing 10 minutes Bold Text Resume Check List Using the presented concepts, review a partner's resume for the following:
Use of space
Font and style
* Look for descriptive words that stand out! (Hughes, Ginnett, & Curphy, 2012) 10 minutes Questions? Questions? Questions? Questions? Questions? Share your experiences! Typos
Organization of content
AHRD Relevant skills and abilities Questions?