Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The presidential debate at Hofstra
Transcript of The presidential debate at Hofstra
Achieving prosperity - Jobs and money
Hillary - need new jobs in clean energy, profit sharing for all people,not just the CEO's. paid family leave, earned sick days, wealthy pay their fair share.
Donald - Our jobs are fleeing the country to Mexico and China. They are using our country as a piggy bank. They are building some of the biggest factories in Mexico and jobs are leaving the US. We have to stop our jobs from being stolen from us. Reducing taxes from 35% to 15%.
Hillary reply to Trump - Trickle down economics but on a larger scale. The more we can do for the middle class the better our country will be.
Donald reply we don't know what we are doing. We need to renegotiate our trade deals. Hillary has being doing this for years (jobs leaving) why are they worried about it now. Don't let the jobs leave. Tax the companies that move to other countries.
Donald just killed himself. When asked about the housing crisis. He said "Thats business by the way". Hillary wants green jobs
- trade is not the only problem that we have. NAFTA is the worst trade deal ever. You called NAFTA the gold standard of trade deals. Donald you live in your own reality. Is it president Obama's fault. New jobs without tax cuts.
- my plan would create 10 million jobs yours would lose 3 million jobs.
you are going to regulate these businesses out of existence. I am going to cut taxes.
raise taxes on the wealthy
- I don't see changes in your corporate tax rate. The Trump loophole will give you and your family a $4 million tax break. Top down doesn't work Helping the middle class does.
- cut taxes for the wealthy to put more jobs into the country. They jobs are leaving because of rules and regulations. We can't bring $5 trillion dollars into the country because of these rules. We have the worst revival since the great depression. We are in a big fat ugly bubble. I will not release my tax returns because I am being audited.
- The IRS says that you can release your tax returns.
- I will release my returns when she releases her 33,000 emails.
- He is hiding something, who does he owe money too. I made a mistake using a private email.
America's direction - Race Tensions
- Race remains a challenge. Unfortunately it determines too much and how they are treated in the criminal justice system. We have to restore trust between police and communities. Everyone should be respected by the law and everyone should respect the law. We have to get guns out of the hand of people who are dangerous.
- We need law and order, if we don't have it, we don't have a country. We have endorsements by almost every police group. People in our inner cities are living in hell. In Chicago, there are thousands of shootings. Almost 4,000 people have been killed in Chi since Obama became president. Stop and Frisk is a good thing.
- Stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional in New York.
- right ways and wrong ways of keeping people safe. Community policing is right. Stop and frisk is wrong. If you are a young black man and you do the same thing as a young white man, you will be prosecuted. Do away with mandatory minimum sentences. No private prisons.
- Is there bias in policing
- I think there is bias in everything.
- I agree. You brought up the term super predator in regards to young black youth.
Was Obama born in the US?
- I was the one to get him to produce the birth certificate. I think I have developed very close relationships with the black community.
- He just wanted to put the whole racist/ birther debate to bed. Some of his supporters wanted to believe. He was sued in the 1970s for refusing to rent apartments to blacks.
Trump - Many people were sued, I settled that without being guilty. My club in Palm Beach allows all people in (blacks, muslims, etc.)
- used to be hackers, now it is countries like Russia, who Trump likes. The US will not let other countries go after our information. We will defend the citizens of this country. It will not be a
- I was endorsed by many generals, admirals, and Immigration Customs enforcement. Under Obama, we have lost control. ISIS is beating us at our own game.
Hillary - I have a plan to defeat ISIS, some of it involves cyber security. We should go after them with planes and the help of other countries. I took out Bin Ladin. We have to defeat ISIS.
How do you prevent homegrown attacks?
- Obama left a vacuum when he left Iraq.
- Donald supported invading Iraq and taking out Qaddafi (Libya). We need to take every piece of information and use it against the terrorist. We are working with NATO and countries in the middle east. Donald is insulting these countries.
- Hillary supported the Iran deal, a horrible mistake. NATO is obsolete because they do not focus on terrorism.
Should we do a first strike (nuclear)