Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of DNA
2. the composition of DNA, ATCG, varies from one species to another **we now know that A-C or T-G cannot form because a purine has to bond with a pyrimidine 1905
*** His model shows 3' to 5' phosphodiester linkages like the model made by Watson and Crick however he treated it as a separate molecule instead of one whole as well as the bases are outwards rather than in. 1859
1865 "... But as they did not seem to know much about anything, I was not unduly surprised ... I believe that the double-stranded model of DNA came about as a consequence of our conversation."
"technology of genetic engineering poses a greater threat to the world than the advent of nuclear technology." Bibliography
1. "Concept 15DNA and Proteins Are Key Molecules of the Cell Nucleus." Friedrich Miescher. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2013.
2. "DNA Structure: The Discovery of Nucleic Acid Structure." Bright Hub. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2013.
3."Tetranucleotide Hypothesis." Tetranucleotide Hypothesis. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2013.
4. "Concept 15DNA and Proteins Are Key Molecules of the Cell Nucleus." Phoebus Levene. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2013.
5."Erwin Chargaff." â Biography. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2013.
6."Chargaff's Ratios, 3D Animation with Narration :: DNA Learning Center." DNALC Blogs. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2013.
7.Gerards, Susanne, Keith Gibbons, Susan McCallum, Robert Noble, Jennifer Parrington, Clyde Ramlochan, and Sharon Ramlochan. "DNA Structure and Organization in the Cell." Biology 12. By Trent Carter-Edwards. Toronto: McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 2011. 208-09. Print.