Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of auto painting
7. Use wet and dry sand paper with water to sand the primer surface nice and smooth. (i forgot to mention to sand in between each coat)
8. Once finnished, apply 2-3 coats of automotive paint of your choise. (remembering to sand surface smooth in between coats)
9. Once finnished painting you now move on the the clear paint which gives your car a shine and protects your paint job. Repeat same steps as when you were painting. The materials used to paint a car are What are the materials used to paint a car? this is one of the most popular car out ther
because the paint job and the good looks.
As you can see, there are several essential pieces to painting a car other than the paint itself. While it may be tempting to cut corners, it's best to buy the right equipment and do things the safe way. You won't regret it. THE SKILLS NEEDED TO PAINT
A CAR ARE PATIENCE FOR
WHEN YOU ARE DONE THE FIR-
ST CODE OF PAINT.
ANOTHER SKILL THAT YOU NEED
IF STEADINESS, YOU NEED STEADI
NESS FOR WHEN YOU ARE PAINT-
ING THEN PAINT WON'T BE IN DIF-
ANOTHER SKILL THAT YOU NEED
IS THINKING AND WISE DESCISIONS.
THE REASON THAT YOU NEED THINKGING
AND WISE DESCISION BECAUSE
WHEN YOU ARE DOING THE STEPS
YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER WHAT YOU HAD DID OR NOT.YOU NEED WISE DESCISIONS
BECAUSE YOU NEED TO MAKE
SURE THAT YOU DONT TOUCH
OR MESS UP THE PAINT! IS IT IMPORTANT TO DETAIL A CAR? SEE THIS CAR IN THE LEFT!!!!! SEE THIS CAR BEFORE IT WAS WASHED See the car in the left,
this car looks dirt like it
ran in dirt but if some-
body was to ask the customer
to wash the car the emoplee
would say im not starting to
paint untill sombody washes
it because in order for me to
begin painting it has to be clean
for i can sand it down and
primer it. Look at this car it looks as
shinny as a new coin see
if it was an other customer
they would just take it to me
like im going to wash it. if they
clean it i can start sanding it
down right away and finish it
faster. SEE THIS CAR IN THE RIGHT!!!! SO YEAH IT IS IMPOTANT
TO DTAIL A CAR BEFORE
DOING THE PAINT JOB!!!! BEFORE N AFTER What the prices for auto painting materials? Abrasive sanding and grinding:$7.38 Paint preparators system:$19.14 Masking tape:$3.68 Respirator mask:$27.05 Air sander A.K.A. DA:$29.95 THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!!! 1. Clean surface where you will be painting
2. Use wet and dry sand paper to get the surface smooth and rid of any rust.
3. Mask off any parts you dont want paint to get onto. ' What are the skills needed to paint a car? 4. Mix primer and paint thinner to the correct ratio.
5. Give the car at least 2-3 coats of primer.
6. Allow paint to dry to the set amount of hours of time (it should say on the paint tin) what skills do you need to paint a car? 1There are many supplies that you will need when the time comes for painting your car. Primers, paints, and clear coats are important, but they are not the only things that you will need. Protection is extremely important due to the harsh chemicals that make up automotive paint. Items such as respirators and paint suits are not optional when painting a car. They can truly save your skin and your lungs.
2Masking tape is an essential part of the painting process. A good quality masking tape allows the painter to avoid getting any paint where he or she does not want it. 3M makes a very high quality masking tape that will not leave a strong residue when removed. Tape that is too strong and sticky will cause major headaches when it is time for removal.
3Paint sticks and mixing buckets are also essentials. Paint reducers and hardeners are mixed in with the paint to ensure that the paint has the right consistency to be sprayed on and to dry. These elements are mixed with the sticks and buckets which often times have suggested measurements marked on them for convenience.
4Respirators and paint suits are two things that every painter should have. Respirators are only good for eight hours of total use if stored properly and less than that if not stored properly. This is a problem that many people find out about the hard way. Paint suits are almost always disposable and inexpensive. They cover the arms, legs and body and protect those areas of skin from the irritating chemicals in automotive paint. Gloves and safety glasses are also suggested as part of the painter's dress code.
5Paint guns are gravity fed and connect to air compressors. Regulators are put in between the paint gun and the compressor to make sure that the paint is sprayed at an even pace and pressure. Without a regulator, spikes in pressure could cause bubbles and runs in the paint.