Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of The similarities and differences between kinetic and potenti
Transcript of Copy of The similarities and differences between kinetic and potenti
Potential energy is stored energy in an object or system.
Kinetic energy is when the object is in motion.
Potential energy can not be transferred
Kinetic energy could be transferred
Potential energy is not relative to an objects environment.
Kinetic energy is relative to other moving and stationary objects in its main environment.
Some examples are water falling from the waterfall which is kinetic and water just at the top of the waterfall which is potential energy.
They both are forms of energy.
They both can be converted into each others form of energy.
They both have different types.
Potential has many types such as gravitational or electrical.
Kinetic has two which are rotational and transitional.
They both have the same SI unit Joule (J)
Hope you enjoyed learning about the similarities and differences between potential and kinetic energy. Thank you.