Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Making Learning Last: An Experiential Learning Cycle Approach
Transcript of Making Learning Last: An Experiential Learning Cycle Approach
How the Brain Learns
The 5 Questions
Making Learning Last
What Just Happened?
How do you Feel?
Why? No, really....Why?
What do you Learn?
What are the patterns?
What will be different?
How will you use this?
1. Did You Notice?
2. Why Did That Happen?
3. Does it Happen in Life or School?
4. Where? Why? How? When?
5. How Can You Use That?
With: Micah Jacobson
The Boomerang Project
(Link Crew & WEB)
Activities We Did (Possibly)
A Starting Place: The 5 Questions
1. Did you notice...?
2. Why did that happen?
3. Does it happen in school/life?
4. Where? When? How?
5. What will you do now?
Moving Past Processing Blocks
1. I Don't Know
Possible Response: What if You Did Know?
Possible Response: Tell Me More?
Wait with expectation
Describing is about story telling
It's about replaying in our mind
It can be verbal, or visual or categorical
We do it instantly and constantly.
We are no longer talking about a specific moment
We are now looking at patterns
This is what we usually call "Knowledge"
Notice: It's mostly just lessons we learned from specific moments and bunched together and called truth!