Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Meal planning
1. Menu- A list of food that will be included in the meal 2. Entree- The main dish of a meal 3. Ingredients- The individual food items needed to make a recipe Cont. Planning meals B. Plan meals using the Food Guide Pyramid
C. Meals should Have a "meal appeal" by including a variety of:
1. Flavor- Combination of mild vs. Spicy
2. Color- provides visual appeal
3. Texture- crisp vs. soft
4. Shape and size- Use knife skills
5. Temperature- include at least 1 hot or cold food II. When planning meals be realistic about your resources A. Time & Energy
1. If short on time, plan simple meals that involve few preparation steps and short cooking times
B. Preparation Skill/knowledge
1. As you gain experience and confidence, you can begin to expand your skills by preparing more complicated dishes C. Money
1. Plan your meal within the family food budget
D. Supplies & Equipment
1. Be sure you have or can get the foods and equipment you need. III. Preparation Options A. Example-Pizza
1. Order from a restaurant
2. Heat up a frozen pizza
3. Use a crust mix, canned sauce, add own toppings
4. Make everything from scratch IV. Choosing Recipes- detailed instruction for preparing particular foods. A. Cookbooks
C. Food Packaging
E. Internet (cooks.com, allrecipes. com) Reference Allrecipes logo [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://press.allrecipes.com/allrecipes-logos/
Betty crocker cookbook: Everything you need to know to cook today [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/betty-crocker-cookbook-betty-crocker-editors/1102163268
Food budget [Photograph]. (2010, December 20). Retrieved from http://www.thedigeratilife.com/blog/stretch-your-food-budget/
Glosson, L. R., Meek, J. P., & Smock, L. G. (2000). Creative living (Seventh ed.). New York, NY: Glencoe McGraw-Hill.
[Ingredients]. (2013, January 31). Retrieved from http://frtim.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/ingredients-for-church-growth/
Parsons, R. (2012, May 25). Grilled tofu veggie kabobs [Photograph]. Retrieved from http://theveeword.blogspot.com/2012_05_01_archive.html
Pepperoni caprese pizza [Photograph]. (2012, January 12). Retrieved from http://www.ocfoodies.com/profiles/blogs/fan-recipe-d-pepperoni-caprese-pizza-featured-on-menus-throughout
Simple family dinner menus [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from
Steak and carrots [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://innatpleasantlake.com/dining/chef-brian-mackenzie/