Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Vocabulary
The Rustle of the Leaves
The rustle is a soft, dry sound the leaves or paper make when they move and hit each other.
A slight rustle of leaves on a summer's day.
I could hear the wind howling
on that winter day.
It's a sound similar to a series of quickly repeated knocks chains make when they hit eachother.
It's when stars shine repeatedly strongly then weakly, as if flashing on and off very quickly
As she looked into the sky she saw the stars twinkling brightly, and the smiling moon.
It's to make a long, loud, deep sound.
We could hear the lions roaring at the other end of the zoo.
Or to shout loudly.
" Stop that!" he roared.
A roaring fire has large flames and is sending out a lot of heat.
It's to make a continuous low sound.
We could hear the rumble of distant thunders.
Waves/Rocks Music/Heart: Pound
It's to strike repeatedly with great force, as with an instrument.
- I was so scared that my heart was pounding off my chest.
- The waves were pounding against the cliff.
It's to make a long, high cry, usually because of pain or sadness.
- Since I heard the sirens wailing, I realized the house next door was on fire.
- The kitten was wailing because it had a broken leg.
When a door, floorboard, etc. creaks, it makes a long low sound when it moves or is moved
The wooden floor in my house creaks a lot!
It's to make a lot of short, dry, sharp sounds
The logs crackled and popped in the fireplace.
It's to (cause something to) make a sudden very loud noise or noises.