Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Amber Road
Transcript of The Amber Road
We don't exactly know when the "Amber Road" was established, but findings from prehistoric times prove that trade along this corridor existed long before Roman times.
How did they move amber?
Amber was sent from the Baltic Sea to the temple of Apollo at Delphi (modern Greece) as an offering. From the Black Sea, trade could continue to Asia along the Silk Road, another ancient trade route.
Where was the Amber Road?
The Amber Road leads from Aquileia near Venice to Saint Petersburg and passes through Italy, Slovenia, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Russia.
The Amber Road
What was the Amber Road?
The Amber Road was an ancient trade route for the transfer of amber from coastal areas of the North Sea and the Baltic Sea to the Adriatic Sea.
The Map of the Amber Road