Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ancient Rome Empire Travel Brochure
Transcript of Ancient Rome Empire Travel Brochure
By: Sam Sweitzer, Sakina Abedi, and Morgan Hocker
"Travel with us on a journey to Ancient Rome where life is better." Geography and Weather Entertainment 1 - The Circus Maximus course was 2,000 feet long.... after competition of 7 laps, the charioteers head race about 3 miles.
- Romans than swam in a pool before going into a series of heated rooms.
- The name Colosseum comes from the 100- foot high bronze statue (of Emperor Nero) called the Colossus that once stood next to it. Entertainment 2 - Roman Soldiers enjoyed playing board games with counters and dice.
- Romans also enjoyed hunting for food.
- One of the main things Romans loved to do was watching gladiators fight each other or gladiators versus other people and sometimes they throw in some animals just to make it more interesting and exciting. Food and Drink -Although there are many yummy types of food that the Romans ate, the poor Romans liked to eat bread, vegetable soup and porridge.
- The rich Romans mostly ate bread and cheese for a snack, meat for dinner (chicken, pig, beef, fish, goat), followed my fruit or nuts.
- Romans drank milk, wine, and water. http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/romans/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/romans/ - Romans used heating to keep you toasty warm during the cool nights, this form of heating was called hypocaust.
- Romans built arches into big buildings and aqueducts, which were used to carry water.
- The Romans invented war machines called catapults. Catapults were built with twisted ropes and springs but furthermore used to cut corn. Details about Roman Army - Only men could join the Roman Army, no women were allowed to join.
-Men were only allowed to be the age of 20 years old to join the army and had to be roman citizen.
- Men who signed up, had to be the army for 25 years. Pompeii - Pompeii is an Architecture site that has a lot of history behind it.
- The amphitheater at Pompeii seats 20,000 people.
- The Forum at Pompeii has had many renovations done to it because of its destruction. Geography
-This beautiful city is located in Italy! Italy is in the Mediterranean Sea which helped to expand the Roman Empire.
- Mountains are less rugged and makes unification easier, there are also fertile plains in the north and south parts of Italy perfect for farming! This supported population growth. http://ww.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/romans/ http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/romans/ Art, Architecture, and Technology http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/romans/ http://bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/romans/pompeii portents 01.shtml Hazards and Dangers 1 www.ncbi.hlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20046111
- The Antonnie Plague was an ancient pandemic caused by smallpox or measles.
-Personal Hygiene was a issue when bathing because everyone was in the bath at the same time.
- The envrionment of Rome was causing people to be ill and lead them to believe it was due to the poor sanitation. Hazards and Dangers 2 http://www3.iath.virginia.edu/waters/
-Roman rubbish was left to collect in alleys due to a lack of a house-to-house garbage collection system.
-This led to dumping and tossing of trash from windows.
-Because of this, the street level in the city rose, as new buildings were built on top of all the old garbage.
Picture shows a bath that was used in Ancient Rome Picture shows a Gladiator Fight like the ones in Ancient Rome Picture Shows food what the poor people ate in Ancient Rome Picture shows the inside of the Amphitheatre in Pompeii that is widely known around the world Roman people built war machines such as catapults to use during the war. The picture shows people in a
Roman bathing house. It gives a
preview to how many people
were in them at one time. Picture shows the geography of Italy
and Rome included Weather -The weather in Ancient Rome was sunny, and extremely hot in the summer, perfect for swimming, and pleasant winters with a moderate amount of rainfall. This shows the weapons they use, their battle gear, and their form/lineup. This shows how heavily the garbage piles up in ancient Italy. So make sure you come out and visit the beautiful city of Rome, Italy. You will surely love our exciting activities, spectacular weather, and delicious food! See you soon!