Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
problems with carbon dioxide
Transcript of problems with carbon dioxide
WHY IS GIVING OF CARBON DIOXIDE SO BAD ???
So the problems with carbon dioxide is it's causing global warming.
Problems with carbon dioxide
Carbon dioxide is a colorless, odorless, incombustible gas, CO2, present in the atmosphere and formed during respiration: used as dry ice and in carbonated beverages and fire extinguishers.
I produce carbon dioxide when I breathe out this is because we breath in air and carbon dioxide but we only need air so we keep the air and breathe out the carbon dioxide.
Cars also give of carbon dioxide through petrol. Cars need petrol for fuel but there is carbon dioxide in petrol and when the cars use the fuel it goes out of the car in to the atmosphere letting carbon dioxide into the air.
Carbon dioxide from burning fuels causes global warming, a process capable of changing the world’s climate significantly.
Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. It absorbs heat energy and prevents it escaping from the Earth’s surface into space. The greater the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, the more heat energy is absorbed and the hotter the Earth becomes.
1. The Sun’s rays enter the Earth’s atmosphere
2. Heat is reflected back from the Earth’s surface
3. Heat is absorbed by greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, and as a result becomes trapped in the Earth’s atmosphere.
4. The Earth becomes hotter as a result
By Jess Rayner,Jazz Thomson and Abbie Williams