Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cloud Computing Presentation
Transcript of Cloud Computing Presentation
Mouna Al Qubaisi
Instructor: Rock Guenette
Date: 9- January- 2013 Now that the cloud has been explained let's discuss services that categorize cloud computing..... What is Cloud Computing? Presented by.... All of these services present and categorize cloud computing. Three main services that best categorize cloud computing are... SaaS PaaS IaaS Software as a Service Platform as a Service Infrastructure as a Service providing a full hardware architecture and software framework to allow applications to run on them. Meaning, PaaS provides a place for creating
new online applications or their own
cloud applications. Windows' Azure Platform is a good example of
a PaaS. It allows users to develop and run windows
applications for Microsoft cloud computing. Advantages
Can create online applications quickly for a low cost.
Applications can be used privately or publicly.
Limits creators to only provider languages and tools.
May not be able to move developed applications to other cloud platforms. With IaaS, businesses or users are able to run existing applications on a cloud provider's hardware. Users can run any application on any cloud hardware of their choice. So, what does that all mean? Well, it means that existing applications can be moved from a company's data server to a an IaaS provider that way they can save money that would have been spent on information technologies. Key features of cloud computing Resource Sharing and Flexibility Self-Service and On-demand Services Pricing Quality of Service Advantages
SaaS is free or it can be paid through usage fees.
Is accessible anywhere by computer.
Makes it easy for multiple individuals to work together.
General applications are not always appropriate for business use. Out of the three services software as a service is the easiest way to cloud compute. Google Docs is a great example of SaaS. Applications such as Google Docs can provide online word processors, spreadsheets or even presentation packages for office or school use. (SaaS) is the process of providing commercially available software by using the internet to gain access to them. In other words, software as a service is a service that businesses can use over the internet that does not require their company to install software onto their server. Businesses can open accounts with SaaS providers and instead of paying a large sum up front, they can pay a monthly subscription or usage fee. What are the benefits of cloud computing for any business? Opportunity of high availability
*the system is build in:
- number of host.
- Network Security.
- SAN storage Reduce Costs
•Lowers total cost of ownership
•Reduces IT hardware, software, and/or service costs
•Reduces data center facility costs Data Storage :
- no need for storage devices.
- no need to physically backup data. Fast and Easy Implementation:
-reduce time to organize new applications because they can be done through cloud based services. Cloud Computing Drawbacks Opportunities for Cloud Computing Welcome to Cloud Computing * based on self-service and on-demand service models * it allows the user to interact with the cloud to preform:
- scheduling Cloud computing must promise the best service level for users. * Cloud computing does not have any open cost * resources collected to serve large number of customers * uses multi-tenancy where resources are allocated and de-allocated according to demand * the user should be able to access computing capabilities as and when they are needed * it completely based on usage - Which help in tracking their usage and finally help reduce the cost. Service Outline in the service level agreement must include the following :
- guarantees on round-the-clock availability
-acceptable performance * Can't Deal with huge data sets:
- cant collect or move large amount of data quickly. * Non-Compliance:
- the international laws and regulations did not fix up the truth of cloud computing. *Visibility:
- project does not often have full visibility into the process of their cloud providers.
- if a major cloud provider has problem everyone is likely know about it. * Security & Privacy:
-users might not be comfortable handing over their data.
- companies might not wish to keep their sensitive information on cloud server.
-seller insure that their servers are clean from viruses and malware, it is still concern that number of users from all around the world have enter the server. start up business gain quick entry with flexibility to up scale. The New business models result in large scale consumption of digital content over the internet. EXAMPLES: Microsoft:
- office 360
- Azure Google:
- all their services FaceBook:
-social network in cloud infrastructure Thank You