Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Metaphor: 3 Basic Types
Transcript of The Metaphor: 3 Basic Types
There are many types of metaphors.
This course will focus on three main types:
The Way out
What is a metaphor?
A metaphor is...
A Direct Metaphor means one thing is said to be another.
My grandson is a sweat pea.
An Implied Metaphor is when the comparison is harder to detect because it is not as explicit. The comparison is hinted.
What are you doing in this neck of the woods?
Extended Metaphors draw the comparison out over several lines.
What type of metaphor is "It's Raining Men?"
If you said "Implied" you are correct! The song can be considered an extended metaphor as well.
That boy is a P.I.G. Pig! Did you guess "Direct?" That is correct!
For more examples, go to this link: http://www.slideshare.net/MissMayfield/metaphors-direct-implied-and-extended-12005599
Did you say Will Farrel was sharing an extended metaphor for his Life of Hard Knocks? That is correct!