Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Childhood Trauma
Urban ACE Survey
Physiological & Behavioral Changes
Negative Health Outcomes
Types of Trauma
Trauma Informed Care
Know your score!
Trauma happens when an individual lacks the internal and external resources to cope with a crisis.
A deeply distressing or disturbing experience.
What conclusions could
we draw from this study?
Additional questions were asked regarding urban living: neighborhood safety & trust, bullying, racism, foster care,and witnessing violence
Increased Grey Matter
Those with score of 6 ACEs or higher die an average of 20 years earlier than those with a score of 0.
Different for everyone!
Three things upon which you depend.
Trade with a neighbor.
Cross off #2
Pass back and reflect.
All Brainstem Functions
Before I During I After
The Resiliency Incubator
Greater KC Chamber of Commerce
Trauma Matters KC
Become Calm & Curious
Offer Choice & Voice
Take Care of Yourself
The higher order thinking skills depend on the proper functioning of those below.
- Medical Care
- Safe Neighborhood
- Coping Skills
- Job Skills