Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of project bridge
The concrete slab and the wall on each side of the bridge must be connected in order to transfer the horizontal loads. To make the connection easier and to assure a good cohesion between the transversal beams they will be weld with the main beam to create 5 big beams witch will be bolt in place. Firstly the entire loads go to the concrete deck. The concrete deck will be unidirectional and will carry the load to the main beams, which are used to carry the load to the foundation in each side of the bridge The transversal beams are used to assure a good repartition of the loads between the main beams. Concrete slab Edyta Stromydlo Robert Spiler Valentin Colle Samuel Faucon Loads, shear force and bending moment calculation Elements Traffic loads Project 43 Sizing of the main beams Bending moment verification Shear force verification Lateral buckling verification ULS SLS Deflection verification Sizing with the bending moment resistance Shear force resistance Lateral buckling resistance ULS SLS Deflection calculation Old bridge Loads Structure Propositions: - One arch - Two arches Traffic loads
- two bicycle paths
- two pedestrian paths Wind loads
- no calculation
- principe Permanent loads:
self weight since 1934 concrete in poor conditions dimension: Final design Elements: Statical Model - Slabs
- Beams - Beams (precasted)
- Slabs (precasted)
- Bearing supports Beams statical analysis Concrete slab Main beams Transversal beams Joints - 3 load cases for punctual load: middle and each extremity of beams Steel elements: - beam design Influence line for beam 1 Thickness of slab: 22 cm Reinforcement Calculations: Resistance against punching for a wheel Shear force Joint between transversal beams Summary - steel is light and durable, so foundations can be lighter/smaller
- We can easly achieve span 25 meters without support in the middle
- steel elements are made in factories, which assurance high quality of elements Beam reinforcement Conclusion Both bridges have pros and cons
No economical analyze
Costumers/buyers choice After calculations, we have 12 barres of 40 millimeters. Concrete slab idea Cheap
Quality Plan 1 Plan 2 Design span between each support: L_t= 25 m
Width: - road: 10 m - Bicycle path: 2.2 m (each)
- Sidewalk: 2.7 m (each)
- Total: 19.80 m