Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Starwood presentation
- Mainly in USA and China
- Embrace very large targets : Families, business,...
- First hotel in Springfield 1937
- Biggest brand with 512 hotels in 83 countries
- Luxury and Upscale Hotels and resorts
Let's start with a short video
1991 : Starwood capital Partners is founded in Chicago.
They are specialized in real Estate.
1993 : Starwood Capital buys their first Hotel. One year afterward they possess already more than 30 hotels in the USA.
1997 : The company deals an agreement with Westin Hotels and resorts, Sheraton comes a month after under Starwood propriety.
1998 : Starwood is reappointed as Starwood Hotels and Resorts. The company now possess more than 650 buildings in 70 countries. The first W openes in New York.
- Starwood is the proprietor of Vistana
- Creates the fidelity program "prefered guest"
- The 100th Four Points openes in California.
2001 : The company is elected as the best Hotelier group at the World Travel Award.
2006 ; Le Méridien is the new brand of Starwood. More than 130 hotels are located in EU and in the Middle East.
2007 : Starwood Launches Aloft and Element. The first hotels openes in the Massachusetts.
2009 : About 200 Sheraton hotels are renovated and 60 new hotels openes. The company has invested about 6 billions $.
A partnership is created with Microsoft. A relation is Establish with Conservation International
2010 : Starwood opens its 1000th hotels in China.
They have slightly decreased their energy consumption.
2011 : The headquarter moves in shangaï. The company plans to open a hotel every 2 weeks in China.
History of the group
- Luxury hotels and Resorts
- Target market : Luxury
- Located in the USA and Asia
- No St Régis in Belgium
- 46 hotels in 18 countries
The Luxury Collection
- Unique hotels
- Target market : Pleasure, family
- 99 hotels in 33 countries
- No hotel in Belgium
- Upscale really designed hotels
- Target market : Bleisure, artists
- The most famous W is in Barcelona
- 68 hotels in 30 countries, but none in Belgium
- Upscale brand
- Target market : Family, pleasure, tourists
- Westin is the first brand of the company
- 238 hotels in 39 countries
-Mainly located in the USA
- Founded in 1972 by Air France
- Luxury hotels and Resorts
- Target market : Business, bleasure
- 120 hotels in 44 countries
- Le Méridien Brussels
Four points by Sheraton
- Designed for business Guest, restricted expenses
- First hotel in 1995
- Mainly North America and Asia
- 258 hotels in 36 countries
- Four Points Brussels
- Really designed hotels
- Target market : Artists, people who likes design, architecture,...
- Subbrand of W Hotels
- First in 1998
- Aloft Brussels
Element by Westin
- Extended-stay Hotels
- Target maket : Mid class hotels, temporary living.
- First hotel in 2008
- Upscale and Modern
- LEED Certification
- 25 hotels in 5 countries
- Mainly in the USA
- None in Belgium
- Brand websites
Thank you for listening
Felix and Ludovic
Marketing project Starwood : 19th November 2013