Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hip Dysplasia
Doctors will diagnose you with hip dysplasia as an infant with a combination of physical exams and image screening
Dogs can have hip dysplasia too
Babies that are born breech have an increased risk for hip dysplasia
Hip dysplsia an be genetic
15% of infants are born with hip dysplsia
What is hip dysplasia?
Hip Dysplasia is the developmental deformation of the joint
What causes hip dysplasia?
The exact cause of hip dysplsia is not known, however, doctors believe it develops around the time of birth
To treat hip dysplsia, doctors may choose to do hip preserving surgery, joint replacement surgery, or do a non operational treatment method
If treated with surgery, children and adults with hip dysplsia may have a delay in walking until their cast is removed.
Signs & Symptoms
Clicking or popping