Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of Role of Cinema in Social Awareness
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Role of Cinema in Social Awareness
jay patel (110113120008)
Role of Cinema in Social Awareness And Censor
Cinema is good for you :
* By typing Violence in Films in Google I get 224,000,000 results.
Violence in movies is obviously a matter of great concern for the public.
Negative Effects Of Cinema On Society
Wikipedia Say :
“Film encompasses individual motion pictures, the field of film as an art form, and the motion picture industry. Films are produced by recording images from the world with cameras, or by creating images using animation techniques or special effects.
Films are cultural artifacts created by specific cultures, which reflect those cultures, and, in turn, affect them. Film is considered to be an important artform, a source of popular entertainment and a powerful method for educating — or indoctrinating — citizens.“
Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru once stated, "...the influence in India of films is greater than newspapers and books combined."
Cinematic Persuasion :
India is the world's largest producer of films. In 2009, India produced a total of 2961 films on celluloid, that include a staggering figure of 1288 feature films.
ture, cinema is reflection of society
and it also
s society, and has a great impact on
n of society
Movies are often told in narrative manner and thus posses an aura of believability.
All our actions are based on what we learn and what we know, and we as human beings learn by seeing and imitating. Following this trend of thought we can infer that as we see from movies, we tend to act accordingly, by the means of learning and practicing.
Thus, similar two sides of a coin, movies too can produce positive as well as negative effects on our society.
* Films like Lagaan, Chak de India, Border, etc. were made to promote nationalism, social solidarity, mutual cooperation, mutual harmony, patriotism, etc.
* Many movies based on 'Mahabharat' and 'Ramayan' give us a insight into our Vedas and other ancient epics.
Films not merely entertains, but also enlightens.
There are only some movies which are good for childrens so
don't adict to movies .......
* Majority of films produced today are stuff with cheap materials and double meaning dialogues to serve the commercial ends.
The literary works of many eminent personalities have been filmed and produced on screen, these contain messages, largely meant to rid the society of its evils or to reinforce social norms or values.
Linguistic Trend :
Often slang language used in certain movies are perceived by youth of our society.
for example -
dhan te nan
It controls the boundary of Indian cinema.
It prevents any abusive work which may effect our lifestyle to reach us.
It keeps the healthy side of the film industry infront of us .
But sometimes it fails .
In an indirect way it may increase the popularity of a film.
* Movies and documentaries have often been used to attack the
social evils such as child marriage, sati, and prohibitions of widow remarriage, untouchability and social discrimination.
* Smoking and use of drugs are
also a common view in movies.
YES / NO
The quality of movies
produced good ,which are motivational , encouraging nd based on true stories.......