Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Christopher Columbus
Coasts of Central and South America
Voyage 2: 1493 - 1495
Voyage 3: 1498
Voyage 1: 1492 - 1493
Voyage 4: 1502 - 1504
What world zones did Christopher Columbus connect?
Afro-Eurasian zone and the American zone
What was Columbus's motivation for his exploration?
find a quicker way to trade routes to china to trade goods such as spices clothing
God, Glory, Gold
Who funded Christopher Columbus's voyages?
King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella
funded him in return for the gold, spices, and riches that he might find
What did Columbus discover?
America in 1492!!!
What years were they active as explorers?
What regions of the world did Columbus explore?
How did Christopher Columbus contribute to collective learning?
made an everlasting connection with Americas
traded with Native Americans
discovered new products and ideas in Americas
new trade routes
What evidence exists to prove Columbus's journeys actually took place?
Columbus wrote many letters to the king and queen, friends, and family about his voyages, what he was finding, and his adventures.
1493 - 1495