Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of DNA structure and Function
Transcript of Copy of DNA structure and Function
Stands for: Deoxyribonucleic Acid
DNA is made of...
made of repeating monomers called
There are 3 parts to the DNA nucleotide:
, and nitrogen
4 Nitrogen Bases:
Structure of DNA:
DNA is made of TWO strands of nucleotides.
DNA's shape is called a
Base pair rule:
Bases are held together with hydrogen bonds
Location and Function of DNA:
DNA is located in the NUCLEUS of eukaryotic cells.
DNA is GENETIC INFORMATION that controls the
production or synthesis of PROTEINS.
DNA replicates BEFORE A CELL DIVIDES.
The goal of replication is to create an
of the DNA molecule.
Steps of DNA Replication Process
1. Double helix
and hydrogen bonds are broken.
in the nucleus
to un-zipped strands.
Two new DNA
molecules are produced.
SEMI-CONSERVATIVE: each DNA molecule produced after replication has
one strand from the old molecule
one new strand.
are found inside the
is found inside
are found inside
Watson & Crick: Double Helix
Discovered the structure of DNA