Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF EXPONENTIAL POPULATION GROWTH
Transcript of CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF EXPONENTIAL POPULATION GROWTH
Exponential population growth-if a population has a constant birth rate through time. Accelerating population growth that occurs when optimal conditions allow a constant reproductive rate.
CAUSES OF EXPONENTIAL POPULATION GROWTH
Improvement of public health
Conquest of disease
j-curve- is a graph that shows the exponential population growth at the span of time.
Two phase of j-curve
1. Lag phase-it is the part where the growth is slow and the population is still not numerous.
2. Exponential phase-it is the phase in which population growth is accelerating.
Population of the Philippines graph in j-curve
world population graph in j-curve
j-curve and s-curve
Consequences of Exponential Population
1. Loss of fresh water
2. Depletion of Natural Resources
3. Elevated Crime Rate
4. Increased Global Warming and Climate Change
5. Increased Emergence of new epidemics and pandemics