Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Google Glassroom :)
Transcript of Google Glassroom :)
- Friedrich Nietzsche
What is Google Glass?
Chan Siu Tip Christine
Wong Nga Lam Liesl
The END :)
* "Project Glass"
* Developed by Google X
Google engineered a prototype of Google Glass that weighed 3600g
Google announced "Project Glass"
Awarded one of the
"Best inventions of the Year 2012"
by Time Magazine
Glass at Work
, a programme aiming at connecting businessmen and developers interested in Glass
MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS OF GLASS
CPU (Central Processing Unit)
How Google Glass Works?
Functions of Google Glass
Possible Contribution of Google Glass
* Faculty within Google
* Other technological advancements
Wearable technology with an optical head-mounted display
Interact with the Internet
* Android Operating System
* MyGlass App
1. Hands Free
controlling by voice commands/ head movements
perform task by voice commands or head movements
X take out phone -> turn on -> search for the application
no longer have to look away from the task performing
- do not need to take their eyes off the road if they need directions/ map
4. Open Platform
any developer/ company can implement new applications in Google Glass platform
Google Glass is ready whenever you want
Supports iOS platform
users could be distracted with advertisements and emails on Google Glass
2. Privacy Problem
* People are not aware if or when they are being recorded
* Cellphones and cameras are more obvious
Always worn and in use
- lack of resting time for the user - causing stress and anxiety
US$1500 = around HKD$11625
more expensive than a smartphone
The Prism projects a layer over reality light
Prism focuses the image directly on the retina
share media to friends
speak and send a message
Search in google
Record events on calendar
Different ways of using Google Glass
by nodding and tilting heads
by saying "ok glass"
* Using the touchpad
by swiping and tapping for different functions and timeline
- integrate with a medical device
- display a patient's data
- critical data while in the operating room
- use Glass to broadcast surgeries and have surgeons around the world (e.g. India) watch and learn
“I think it's a great stepping stone that will
make the care of patients go a little bit
smoother and our jobs a little bit easier.”
- David Feinstein, MD, Staff Anesthesiologist
Rare occasion and opportunity for us to research in-depth on a leading technology.
Glad to see the possible contribution of Google Glass.
-> technology is not just harming our health.
Looking forward to seeing the future development
e.g. improving privacy problems