Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Eating Disorder - Persuasive speech
Transcript of Eating Disorder - Persuasive speech
- Refusal to eat except for tiny portions
- Rapid consumption of a large amount of food
- Distorted body image
- Unrelenting fear of gaining Our society starving itself. Bulimia Nervosa - The fear of gaining weight or being fat that becomes so intense that the victim may restrict their eating, and/or try to stop eating all together. - The fear of gaining weight or being fat that the person whose bulimic may eat large amounts of food at a time (binge) , and then throw it all up later (purge), ridding them selves of all the calories, carbs, and fat before it goes through their system. Causes
-emphasis on thinness as the ideal for beauty
-role of the media
-obesity and reaction to the larger body size - inability to separate from the family
- need to please or be liked
- need to control
- need for attention
- lack of self esteem
- high family expectations
- parental dieting
- family discord
- temperament – often described as the “perfect child”
- teasing about weight and body shape Psychological Factors Social-cultural Causes Looking at depression and anxiety disorders as psychiatric illnesses which are biological in nature, we see that they commonly co-exist in the eating disorder patient and their families. Depression and Anxiety www.anad.org www.anad.org Results Images may be disturbing to some. WARNING . ANAD.Org THE END<3