Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Savery Engine
thomas savery invented it
it is a steam engine
An engine that uses the expansion or rapid condensation of steam to generate power
Who is Thomas Savery
Thomas Savery was an English inventor, born at Shilstone, a manor house near Modbury, Devon, England.
engine it replaced
the steam engine replaced the reciprocating engines in electricity generation in the early 20th century.
he was born in 1650
and past away in 1715
Steam engine disadvantages
· Has low efficiency, around 30%
· Are expensive to buy and run
· Give off a lot of pollution
· Take time to start
· Dangerous to use because of high pressure of steam
· Only 30% of the steam is used
· Lots of energy is needed to make the steam
After Savery's death, in 1716, several of these engines were erected in which some improvements were introduced
By: Dylan,Justin, B Mayer .
The steam engine developed slowly over hundreds of years. the frst use of a steam engine was a mining pump. in the late 18th century, the improved steam engine was invented.
how it works
water is heated into steam in a boiler until it reaches a high pressure. When expanded through pistons or turbines, mechanical work is done. The reduced-pressure steam is then condensed and pumped back into the boiler.
Any suitable form of energy can be used to make steam
not affected by high altitudes