Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of SKEPTICISM
Method: Basis of Truth
withholding assent from all previous opinions which fail to be certain and indubitable.
2. Body & Mind
3. Evil Genius
scepticism against the sceptics
The Greek Sceptics
a strategy against forms of dogmatism that claim to have established a definitive view of how things stand in the world and/or in heaven
, “thoughtful, inquiring”
Descartes turned scepticism against the sceptics
Hume suggests that 'natural instinct'
will save us from sceptical despair
Hillary Putnam paints
Simulation argument suggests that
we may be living in a virtual world
5th century BC
Socrates' dialectic method undermines
opponents' dogmatic positions
c. 300 BC
Pyrrho of Elis counsels tranquility through
suspension of belief
appearance vs. reality
uncertainty vs. certainty
"cogito ergo sum"