Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Union History and Benefits
Transcript of Union History and Benefits
- Susan B. Anthony "The fight is never about grapes or lettuce. It is always about people."
- Cesar Chavez But what about in education? Unions Make a Difference for Women
-Canadian Labour Congress
www.canadianlabour.ca/human-rights-and-equality/unions-make-difference-women The Union Advantage
- Canadian Labour Congress
www.canadianlabour.ca/about-clc/union-advantage Your New Job
video inspired by the Employee Free Choice Act proposed in the US
Search "Your New Job" on youtube Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario 72 ETFO Locals How?
-talk to other members
-share information with non-union members
-understand why you pay dues and how to access protective services
-follow the terms of the Collective Agreement and insist that management do the same
-attend general meetings
-vote in Local elections
-attend Local and Provincial workshops Get Involved! doodles notes It's Elementary
Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario
www.controlyourfuture.ca/where-we-came-from/ Welcome to....
OSSTF SCHOOL ZONE
video created by Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation
Search "OSSTF School Zone.flv" on youtube YOUR UNION: Protect, educate, serve.
www.controlyourfuture.ca Do you know YOUR Local website? Pete Seeger singing Solidarity Forever
(http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=pCnEAH5wCzo) -become a school steward
-join a Local committee
-get involved in Collective Bargaining
-run for your Local Executive
-join a Provincial committee
-run for your Provincial Executive
-become a delegate to our Annual Meeting
-go to Union School
-go to a rally, protest, or day of action
-add to this list!