Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Punnett Squares
Recessive trait: lower-case letter (a) A genetic cross between two alleles for a single trait (Aa x Aa) A genetic cross between the first generation of two organisms that contain two different traits. This is basically the same as monohybrid, but twice the amount (AaAa x AaAa) He was known for his cross-breeding experiment with pea plants
He realized that with the principles of probability, he can explain the results of the genetic crosses
His observation results became the foundation for modern genetics and the study of heredity I love peas ! Mendel's Experiments Flower color Peas Reginald Punnet Homozygous is a pure-bred (AA,aa) One single trait is from two identical alleles.
Ex: 2 genes of green for a green pea Heterozygote is a hybrid (Aa) One single trait is from two different alleles.
Ex: 1 gene for green and 1 gene for yellow for a green pea AA= pea Aa= pea Basic Punnett Square The End