Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Allison, K- the catcher in the rye/the desire to protect innocence- P4
Transcript of Allison, K- the catcher in the rye/the desire to protect innocence- P4
-Holden admires innocence
"The kid was swell"
The Catcher in the Rye
"I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all." pg 173
-cliff representing crossing from childhood to adulthood
-protecting their innocence
"I thought it was 'If a body catch a body,' I said."
"It's a poem by Robert Burns."
-Phoebe doesn't understand Holden
"It's if a body meet a body coming through the rye!"
-"meet" means recreational sex
~couple at the hotel
Comin' Thro' the Rye
by Robert Burns
Holden cherishes the innocence of children and wants to preserve it.
Relevancy to Holden
"Somebody'd written "Fuck you" on the wall...I rubbed it out" pg 201
-acting as catcher in the rye
"I saw something that drove me crazy."
"Kids look all right." pg 159
=same with Allie
Innocence of Children
The Desire to Protect Innocence
Katie Allison P5
If Holden becomes a catcher in the rye, he will be able to save puerile innocence.