Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of kNOw poverty
unfamiliarity with availability of community resources and general self-care As Evidenced By: 1. Verbalization of the need for additional food sources.
2. Inaccurate following of instructions and educational material.
3. Lack of knowledge of available vaccinations. Goal Clients will participate in learning process by using information handouts to obtain services during counseling session with the food pantry director. Planning Implementation LifeSpring Christian Church Evaluation Mission Statement We will be in the needy and broken places. We will serve with impact. We will live simply so others can simply live... We will measure success by transformed lives and transformed communities—here and around the world. Nursing Interventions 1. Educate clients by providing a handout on available unemployment services and a resume template during the interview process.
2. Instruct clients on obtaining health coverage for low-income families during the interview process.
3. Provide an up to date brochure of available community resources during the interview process.
4. Supply the client with an educational handout with recent available vaccinations during the interview process. Poverty (pov∙-er-∙ty) noun: the lack of basic necessities.
The lack of money, shelter, nutrition, health care, education, clothing, or religious freedom. Rationale 1. U.S. unemployment rate was 8.2% as of May 2012. (Tracey, 2012)
2. 69% of low-income adults have not received preventative care. (Lippman, 2012)
3. 46.2 million people are living below poverty level. (Lippman, 2012)
4. Lower education may indicate less favorable attitudes and/or knowledge about vaccinations. (Pruitt, Schootman, 2010) 1. Increase in the number of reported poverty within the tri-state region.
2. Lack of knowledge of available self-care and family resources.
3. High incident of repeated visits to food pantries.
4. Noted increase of family needs determined by screening agency. 64% 29% 7% 1. 18% of clients stated their ability to utilize this information to create a
resume and obtain employment at the time of the interview.
2. 23% of clients verbalized an increased knowledge of health care coverage
available for low-income families at the time of the interview.
3. 45% of clients stated their ability to contact resources based on an
individual need at the time of the interview.
4. 14% of clients verbalized a need for vaccinations, at the time of the
interview. According to research, for the first time in our history, the United States is raising a generation of children who may live sicker, shorter lives than their parents. WE can make the difference! Welcome
Resources Family Volunteers
& Clients Need in our
Community Mission To raise awareness about poverty in the US, dispel inaccurate and destructive stereotypes about poor people and encourage action to alleviate poverty. Local Clearinghouse
screens clients for legitimacy & extent of need
maintains information & records
refers to appropriate resource - partner church or agency 15 Partner Churches
12 Community Agencies
To date 2012
614 families on repeated basis
10,000 families established in 1997 Generational Poverty verses Situational Poverty "Best people in the world. They are 1st rate!" "Excellent staff!" "I love that they have fresh produce. They are the only pantry with fresh produce."