Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SPIN Selling: Chapter 2 - Obtaining Commitment: Closing the Sale
Transcript of SPIN Selling: Chapter 2 - Obtaining Commitment: Closing the Sale
A behaviour used by the seller which implies or invites a commitment, so that the buyer's next statement accepts or denies commitment. A close is anything that puts the buyer into a position that requires a decisive response Traditional Closes: - Assumptive
- Standing-room only
- Order-blank Traditional Selling Says: Closing techniques are strongly related to success Use many different types of closes Close often Attitude Problems Sophisticated, profressional buyers can become offended by traditional closing techniques - Sharp Angle
- Ben Franklin
- Puppy Dog
- Double-reverse whammo Banana Close Banana Clothes? Not the best strategy for when you want to sell a large item Effect of Pressure Small decisions can benefit from pressure Large decisions suffer from pressure But... not everyone would agree with this Two Conclusions: By forcing the customer into a decision, closing techniques speed the sales transaction #1 #2 Compulsive Closer? Compulsive closers are addicted to closing because they are being rewarded and encouraged to use the techniques If a close works once, the seller is more likely to repeat the action Management wants and rewards salespeople who close often Must I close? Customers can get irritated by calls that don't have a clear understanding of what comes next (Closes invite direction) Closing technigues may increase the chances of making a sale with low-priced products. With expensive products or services, this is not the case
Study had average high-priced item of $109 (1988) Obtaining the Commitment Right First step Set the right objectives Examples:
- Get another meeting
- Talk to someone higher up
- Close sale Set Call Objectives Secret of strong closing in a major account call is to question your objectives ruthlessly
Don’t be content with objectives like “to collect information” or “to build a good relationship”
Focus on advances, not continuations Obtaining Commitment: Four Successful Actions 1. Giving attention to investigating and demonstrating capability 2. Checking that key concerns are covered 3. Summarizing the Benefits 4. Proposing a commitment Scott David BERNARD