Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pure substances and Mixtures
Transcript of Pure substances and Mixtures
What are we going to learn today?
What are pure substances?
Matter that consists of only one specific particle
Matter that consists of 2 or more separate particles mixed together
by Paulina Klik
What are mixtures:
homogenous and heterogeneous?
Can mixtures be purified? and How?
A mixture where you can see the different parts with the naked eye. It can be separated by mechanical means
A mixture where you CANNOT see the different parts with the naked eye. It can be separated by chemical means (evaporation, heating or melting)
look the same to the naked eye
What are mixture phases?
Mixtures can have different phases:
Separation of Mixtures
Can be done using
physical properties of substances
What are some of the physical properties we could use?
Some techniques to separate the mixtures