Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
History of Hip Hop Presentation
Transcript of History of Hip Hop Presentation
-block and house parties
-NYC, African Americans The End Hip Hop
Institutions The History of Hip Hop Hip Hop's Journey Environment Movies 2010's Types of Music/Past Present & Future of Hip Hop Visual Art Inspired by Hip Hop there are about 810 dance studios/schools/halls in Ontario alone Where did it all start? Hip Hop Steps/Movement The End The End 1960's 1990's 1970's 2000's 3 Styles of Hip Hop... Break Dancing (B-boying) -African & Latino youth
-"Getting excited," "acting energetically," "causing a disturbance"
-Martial arts, gymnastics & yoga movements Locking -"Campbellocking"
-Don Campbell, 1960
-"locking" your dance moves Popping -one of the original Funk Styles
-dancer quickly contracting muscles to cause a "jerk"
-"hit" or "pop" Claire's School Of Dancing (Sudbury) Project Dance (Sudbury) Extreme Dance Studio (Coniston) Renee's Dance Connection (North Bay) Barbara Treleaven School of Dance (North Bay) Sherry Walsh Academy Of Dance Arts (Sault Ste. Marie) Melissa Kelly Dance Acadamy (Timmins) OIP Dance Centre (Toronto) About Hip Hop