Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ELECTION IN DEMOCRATIC STATES
Transcript of ELECTION IN DEMOCRATIC STATES
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
- means democracy by the people
- right to vote.
Nominations and Candidate selection
rincy dominic calamba
- a political system which rules out the government to make fair decisions
- in democracy people either
take part in governing.
what's the difference ???
in direct democracy people vote directly on issues/laws
in indirect democracy the people vote representatives to act for them.
-is a formal decision-making process by which a population chooses an individual to hold public office.(wikipedia)
-act or process of electing.
-used as early in history as ancient Greece and Rome.
- used in the vedic period.
-can be traced back from classical Athens to the present day.
- equality is embodied in the right to vote.
- 508 BC
qualifications for voting in the US
6. english language skills
5. no felons
- a system where voting is a requirement.
- if an aligible voter does not attend measures will be imposed
countries with CV
Democratic Republic of Congo
- a strategy by some who wish to
promote a free society to be either
unethical or impractical.
a candidate can be nominated by any eligible person.
THANK YOU !!!
"the most important distinction in registration system lies in who takes responsibility in getting people registered."
-door to door registration
-upon moving to another state you must
undergo the registration process again.
registration forms in at public assisstance agencies
- if an eligible voter fails, one is required by law to submit an explanation.
Main influences on turnout:
- the legal procedures by which election authorities certify certain persons as qualified candidates for office and print their names on the official ballot.
- is the mainly extralegal process by which political parties decide which persons will be designated on the ballot and in election communications as their recommended candidates.
what is the significance of candidate selection ???
formal nominating procedures
* party list designation
- most nations
* Direct Primary
- US alone
OF FREE ELECTIONS
freedom to put forth candidates
freedom to know and discuss the choices
universal adult suffrage
equal weighting of votes
free registration of choices
accurate counting of choices and reporting of results