Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EGR - 15 - Things that bind our mind REV 3/8/11
Transcript of EGR - 15 - Things that bind our mind REV 3/8/11
refer to any channel of information
created by people using highly scalable publishing technologies
they come in many forms Movies
Internet/computer games Facts about Media
Stimulate our emotions and senses
Manipulate our minds and control our actions How?
They preach messages both direct and subliminal
Our spirit is affected by the media that we allow into our lives
Do we want to stay free? Matthew 12:29 (NCV)
“If anyone wants to enter a strong man’s house and steal his things, he must first tie up the strong person. Then he can steal the things from the house.”
Choose Good Media
Do not allow anything to take control of our lives
No secular music
Ask guidance from the Holy Spirit
Get rid of the garbage
It’s easier to live for God when we give up harder things.
THINGS THAT BIND OUR MIND Media I. JESUS IS OUR EXAMPLE
(Hebrews 4:15) A. Jesus had a correct relationship with the Father.
1. Prayer – Jesus often withdrew to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray.
2. God’s Word - He discussed the Scriptures in the temple as a boy, read the Scriptures in the synagogues, and quoted Scripture against Satan (matthew 4:4)
3. Obedience to God’s Word and God’s will (John 14:15; Matt. 26:39)
B. Jesus had a correct relationship with Himself
1. We must allow God’s Word to become part of our lives, to renew our minds so that we can becomea new creation in Christ.
2. As Jesus did, we must determine to fulfill God’s purpose for our life. C. Jesus had a correct relationship with others