Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapter 1 Section 2
Transcript of Chapter 1 Section 2
Using a Scientific Approach
*Models make it easier to observe
and/or __________ things that are not
easily observed directly.
- If models are proven wrong the __________
can be replaced or _______________.
*A scientific method is an _____________
plan for gathering, organizing, and
- The goal of any scientific _________ is to solve
a _____________ or better understand an
*A scientific method can include, but is not limited to the
following steps… (8)
1. Make _________________. (Information obtained through
2. Ask a _________________.
3. Develop a hypothesis.
- A _________________ is a purposed answer to a question.
4. Test Hypothesis/Experiment.
- See variables page 8. (Manipulated, Responding, and
5. Analyze ______________.
6. ________________ conclusions.
7. Develop Theory. (A well- ______________ explanation.)
*A scientific law summarizes a pattern found in
________________. It does __________ give an
explanation for the pattern.
- A scientific law is simply put a ____________ of
- Different theories may try to explain _______.