Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Music through the years
Transcript of Music through the years
- British had developed.
-Forms of American music re-exported to America by bands such as The Beatles and Rolling Stones. - Disco, funk, smooth jazz, jazz fusion, and soul.
- Rock music and punk rock played an important part.
- Reggae grew a significant following.
- Hip hop emerged during this decade. - Emergence of pop, dance music and New Wave.
- The 1980s are commonly associated with the usage of synthesizers.
- Electro, techno, house, freestyle and Eurodance.
- "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" by Rupert Holmes & a little later a #1 song, "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc.
- "New Wave". - Continuation of the dance.
- Hip Hop was very successful in this decade.
- This decade also saw the death of the very talented and famous singer from Nirvana Kurt Cobain in 1994, Kurt was suspected to have committed suicide and shot himself in the head because he had depression. - mp3 player and CD burners all. - Reggae became a distinctive genre.
- The iTunes Music Store.
- The popularity of internet music distribution increased.
- 3G enabled mobile phones.
- Here is an example of the music in the 00's and how midi instruments have been used and the different instruments being used.
- Eric Clapton 'Sweet Home Chicago' released in 2004 shows the how the blues guitar has developed over the years. - Nearly all songs are done using electronic instruments.
- Digital Recording.
- Pop and Teen pop.
- Grime. Conclusion Over the past 5 years its clear that music has changed drastically by the use of electronic equipment. Also the way in which artist record now has changed so much and the equipment and instruments that are now available like the BOSS Loop Station and new and developed amplifiers. Also more digital music has become more popular like Techno and Dance, more of the guitar, bass and drums are not as popular anymore. Introduction I will be taking you through the stages that music has been through over the past 5 years and how it has developed, changed and how music has become so popular in the world. Also there will be example of the types of music in each decade. The Beatles, one of the most succesful bands in the world The Rolling Stones Aretha Franklin - Respect The Beatles - Twist and Shout Disco emerged during this decade Boston - More Than A Feeling A drummer trying to recreate the sound of More Than a Feeling 90's Dance Megamix!!