Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Classification Project
Project Part A: Taxonomy Chart Bird Group: Blue Jay, Robin, cardinal, finch, and pelican Blue Jay Anymalia Chordata Aves Passeriformes Corvidae Cyanocitta Cristata Robin Animalia Chordata Aves Passeriformes Turdidae Turdus Turdus Migratorious Cardinal Finch Animalia Chordata Aves Passeriformes Cardinalidae Cardinalis C. Cardinalis Animalia Chordata Aves Passeriformes Fringillida Fringilla Carduelis spinescens Pelican Animalia Chordata Aves Pelecaniformes Pelecanidae Pelecanus Pelecanus
tirarensis Part B: The Cladogram Aves Passeriformes Peleariformes Pelecanidae Pelican
Cardinalidae American Robin Blue Jay Turdus Cyanocitta Corvidae Turdidae Passeri Passeroidea Describe the physical traits your animals had in common with one another in your taxonomy chart. Break down your descriptions by taxa.
- All of the animals in the class "Aves" breath air, lay shelled eggs, have feathers covering their body and have beaks for mouths.
Explain the positions of each species in your cladogram. Why did you place each of your animals in those positions?
- I put the pelican further away from the other birds because it has a different order than the other birds. All of the other birds are in the ORDER "Passeriformes" and the pelican is in the ORDER "Pelecaliformes".
Which was more difficult to make, the Linnaean taxonomy chart or the cladogram? Explain your answer.
-The cladogram, but I understand it now. Thanks for you help Ms.Rinaldi. Part C: Summary Questions Summary Questions: