Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Hazardous Waste
Factors that determine effects on humans:
damage body organs;brain, liver, kidneys,lungs
breakdown by living organisms
storing in deep rock layers
Solutions to hazardous waste
don't use them
Not all hazardous waste is obvious looking!
Can be as harmless looking as these common household items:
of Hazardous Waste
How much exposure?
How long exposed?
age, weight, and health
Damages the health of humans and other organisms.
Reacts very quickly when exposed to air or water or when dropped.
Catches fire easily and begins burning at fairly low temperatures.
Dissolves or breaks down many materials.
Contains unstable atoms that give off high-energy radiation.
How harmful the substance is
How much of the substance a person is exposed to
How long the exposure lasts
a person's age, weight, and health