Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Effects of magnetic field on aircraft
Transcript of Effects of magnetic field on aircraft
- In fact, a 3.5-hour flight at altitudes of 30,000 feet or higher can expose your to a greater level of radiation than a chest x-ray Magnetic fields in aircraft are generated from many sources - radar from the ground as well as the plane and other planes
- the jet engine itself
- cockpit computers
- electronic sensors
- communications equipment
- electrical wiring throughout the cabin
- high levels of static electricity generated in the fuselage
- radiation from the commercial transport of radioactive materials Flying, EMFs, and Jetlag - Our bodies, and our hormones function with their own natural electromagnetic fields, regulating our biochemical processes, and connecting us to the world around us
- The earth has a powerful natural magnetic field, too —often expressed as a grid or lines Geographical - The magnets in a compass align with any magnetic field
- Local magnetic fields in an aircraft caused by electrical current flowing in the structure, in nearby wiring or any magnetized part of the structure, will conflict with the Earth’s magnetic field and cause a compass error = deviation Useful for...
Airplane - If we obey the regulation of the airplane, It is very useful to use for transportation Works Cited "Electro Magnetic Field (EMF) - Hazardous to Our
Health?" Google. 13 November 2012<http://emf.
"EMF Protection for the Body While Traveling - A Must!
Read Why..." Google. 10 November 2012 <http://
"Flight Instruments" Google. 10 November 2012<"http:
Kurtus, Ron "X-ray Health Risks." School for Champions.
21 March 2007. 13 November 2012 <http://
"Tag Archives: Earth’s magnetic field" WordPress.com.
13 November 2012 <http://peavyblack.com/tag/
earths-magnetic-field/>.13 November 2012 <http://peavyblack.com/tag/earths-magnetic-field/>.
Wada, Takamasa "Effect and limit of electrocity on
aircraft" Google. 10 November 2012 <http://allabout.co.jp/gm/gc/71648/>. Random measurements taken inside planes in-flight reveal dangerous radiation It’s no wonder, then, that when we speed across the earth’s magnetic grid in an aircraft, that the polarities and systems of the body can become scrambled especially when the plane is moving east to west or west to east. we can use airplane and go to all over the world easily! - Deviation, unlike variation, is different on each heading BUT it's not affected by the geographic location For Example;
Computer EMF - EMF's radiate from all sides of the computer So you must not only be concerned with sitting in front of the monitor but also if you are sitting near a computer or if a computer is operating in a nearby room. Earth's EMF affect on aircraft - Extends from the Earth's inner core to where it meets the solar wind, a stream of energetic particles emanating from the Sun
- Solar flares affect the Earth’s magnetic field and whose waves have forced move some commercial aircraft flying over the poles whose path will continue to intensify Why is EMF harmful to humans? - Sources of magnetism, which itself has been linked to a range of harmful effects
e.g. Power cables, televisions, computer screens, radars and mobile phones and their base stations, and microwave ovens
- prolonged exposure to everyday devices gave off low-level magnetic fields had the potential to damage human brain cells
- Magnetic fields have increasingly become used in everyday health care across the world For example;X-Ray - is high energy electromagnetic radiation that passes through the body
- might get skin injury (Cancer risk), cells and genetic damage, and fetal birth defects EMF isn't really good?