Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Architect
An architect is a licensed and trained person who designs and often supervises the construction of buildings
What is an architect?
To become an architect you will need a bachelor's or master's degree in architecture from a university program
Passing a computerized exam is one of the final actions in order to become a licensed architect
You must complete the Internship in Architecture Program. The program gives you a mentor who will guide your work. Completing of the program will take about 3 years
Impact on Society
Advantages of an Architect
Disadvantages of an Architect
Why I Chose This Career
- Something new everyday, rarely you will do the same thing week after week
- Creative and challenging job, boredom is not an option
- You make your own hours
- You don't need to be the next Einstein!
- Meet a lot of new people. From clients to engineers
- Always learning with each job
- Doesn't pay well, may need a second job
- Economy play's front line to architecture
- Meet a lot of annoying and rude people, and you can't do anything about it
- 8-9 years of school, plus the additional 7 tests
- Includes my favorite subjects, art, math and science
- Traveling to new cities or sometimes countries constantly
- You control everything
Currently the architecture industry is dropping. Buildings are already built and land is running out. Graduates are unemployed and every year more and more students join the crowd.
- Computers, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Photography, to remember important site characteristics
- Measuring devices from tapes to architectural scales
- Sketching, often quicker and more convenient to write or draw notes and ideas
Not only do architects design the building but they also need to consider who they build it for, what they build it for and the community around it. This is where other careers come into play.
Architecture In My Life
- Games I play (Sims, Minecraft)
- Shows I watch (Holmes on Homes, Bar Rescue)
- Always staring at designs of buildings
- This presentation layout