Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of PEDIATRIC NURSING
- educate patient and parents
- obtain information for diagnosis
- communicate with other medical care
- sterilize equipment and exam rooms
- arrange for hospital admissions
What are the requirements?
FIRST STEP: Either an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
SECOND STEP: Passing score on NCLEX-RN examination
THIRD STEP: State licensure as an RN
FOURTH STEP: 1800 hours of experience
in a pediatric clinical setting
Furthering education opportunities
A Master's of Science in Nursing allows you to become a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, with a total of 6 to 8 years of schooling
Pediatric nurse practitioners can have their own practices
Many parents prefer pediatric nurse practitioners
What is the salary?
The median salary is about
The salary can range from
A pediatric nurse practitioner
can earn up to
What is the focus of pediatric nursing?
Medical care provided to children from infancy through late teenage years
Communicate with and provide healthcare education to children and their parents
A day in the life
Very bright outlook: highly demanded profession
Demand is expected to increase 26% by the year 2020
Currently 2,324 jobs available
in the United States
- doctor's offices
- emergency rooms
- surgical centers