Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
AAD 520, Unit 9: Loss, Mourning & Memory
Transcript of AAD 520, Unit 9: Loss, Mourning & Memory
Loss, Mourning & Memory
I. Art and Loss
A list of the songs inspired by 9/11:
Family members talk about Sept. 11, 10 years after the event, in the new play, Sweet and Sad.
READ: 9/11: Ten years later - A number of plays explore the aftermath of the attacks by Peter Filichia for The Star-Ledger
9/11 Dance - A Roving Memorial
READ: Dance transforms emotions about 9/11. By Jessica Goldstein
What other arts (music, dance, theatre, visual arts) about loss works can you identify or imagine?
How are they serious, and somber and/or a sanctuary for contemplation?
II. Arts and Public Mourning
READ: Newtown Requests Halt to Gifts, Says They'll Become 'Sacred Soil'
III. Arts and Public Memory
Maya Lin’s design for the Vietnam War Memorial:
Get DVD with your Netflix account:
Purchase on Amazon:
Watch online for free:
Maya Lin: A Clear Strong Vision
Better Practices for Commemoration
Image Gallery of September 11 Memorial